Urban Mermaid Designs

Sunday 23 April 2017

Spring Blooms Tag with UTEE



This week I have created a Spring Blooms tag. I am enjoying experimenting with my embossing enamels, but I only have one silicone mould. I am hoping to get some more as I tried pouring the molten enamel into some of my Prima clear plastic packing that had a cool flower shape and predictably...it melted. Oops, always use silicon or heat-resistant moulds, folks!
I used the feather mould by WOW for the 2 resin feathers and the other feathers are stamped & heat-embossed onto vellum.
I used a Prima stencil and watercolours to create the background on a Prima tag which I had first blended with Colour Clouds.


Then I fussy cut my Prima Princess (Sydney), which I coloured in  using a Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen instead of a brush and water and water-based pastels and watercolours.



I mixed a few colours with the transparent UTEE to get a blended effect. I first lightly dusted the mould with a mica embossing powder to add some extra shimmer.
Close up of UTEE feathers:

I die-cut some blooms with Memory Box and added those:



Supplies:
Heat-resistant vellum
WOW! Feather Mould, 
Melt It ultra thick embossing powder, embossing powders to colour
Sentiment from Kaisercraft Boho Chic 6" pad
Nuvo Drops - Morning Dew
Prima Flowers & Berries
Prima Stencil 6"
Prima Watercolour Tag Pad
Prima Princesses Planner Dividers - Sydney also available as a stamp
Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours - Frosty & Chic
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
Prima Oil Pastels
Seam Binding
Dies: Kaisercraft (Dream Big), Memory Box (Pennington Rose Blossoms), 
Tim Holtz (Garden Greens)

Challenges:
Simon Says - Spring Blooms 25/5
Mixed Media - AG with a twist 12/5

*Scrappy Land - Spring Blooms Dies: Kaisercraft (Dream Big), Memory Box (Pennington Rose Blossoms) Winner


14 comments:

brenda said...

Just popped over to thank you for your visit and answer your question about the mask I used - it's Sheen Douglass. Enjoyed looking through your artwork, some lovely creations.

B x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful work!
Sorry for the late reply, I just came home from vacation on Sunday and trying to catch up with blogging, the scribble thing on my card a few weeks ago is a die cut from papertreyink,

Unknown said...

Stunning tag! Your layers, techniques and colors truly make this shine! Thank you for sharing this with us at Mixed Media World!

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my gosh! You have colored this girl brilliantly and she looks lifelike! Amazing tag, such a great color palette too. Hugs, Autumn

laurie said...

SO pretty..love your coloring. Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers...so glad you joined us!

Gina's Cards said...

Such a stunning tag! I love the beautiful image, colours and gorgeous design. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

sarascloset said...

FAB-U-LAAS! Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapy Land for our Spring Blooms challenge! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Julie B said...

Elegant MM tag.
So pleased you joined us at HLS anything goes with dies. :)

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous !

Lori Kobular said...

OMG! This tag is stunning! I love the way you colored the beautiful woman! The background you created on the tag is lovely too! Thanks for sharing with us at Joy Clair Challenges!

Laura said...

Beautiful tag with fantastic dimension to it. Thank you so much for participating our April challenge and for supporting Memory Box.

SewPaperPaint said...

Congratulations on winning our flowers challenge at Scrapy Land! Have fun shopping. Hugs, Autumn

Annette said...

I really like your soft colouring, it's really delicate which suits this image.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Larissa said...

Wow amazing card, I love all the details you added. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa